Aftermarket wheels buying virgin.

2»

Comments

• It's makes a difference as if its 94kgs of fat then it might be advisable also to trim down. Also if the op is loosing weight be good to know what the goal is where as if its 94kgs of muscle with little % percentage with no chance of loosing weight it would be a good idea to buy a wheel fit for 94kgs

That's all I was meaning
    mcnultycop wrote:

Hiya mate im not small myself so With respect mate, how muscle are you vs fat ? At 96kgs I'd be less concerned with wheel weight and consider strength if I was more fatty than muscle as it

How does body fat % make a difference?
  • Ok mentioning my weight changed something.

5ft11 96kg, stocky upper built muscular legs bit off stomach gained. Border between 34-36"waist if that gives a good idea.

Ideal weight for me 90kg, move heavy machinery around all day, have always had a strong upper, but i'd like to drop 6kg where I gained on the stomach from rich foods and drink. Other than stomach I don't have fat anywhere else, can pinch skin then muscle other than stomach.

Hope that helps
  • Probably the best advise here mate is to give the company selling them wheels a call they should be able to advise you on what there wheels are for and what they can handle mate
  • Will give them a call tomorrow and see what they advise.

Hope the SP-XCR will be ok.

With regards to buying better wheels with the £500 upgrade plus the amount I have already spent on upgrading (similar) I could spend £1000 on a set of wheels, but why not spread the money out and get something that is an all rounder rather than going mad on one thing.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I always think of it as value formula. How quickly does diminishing returns set in. With wheels, it sets in sharply after 300 quid.

If you're that intent in weight you need a spreadsheet and to work out grams/£ while Keeping strength acceptable for your style. Noting tyres are always best for pure weight and performance, but the lighter you go the more punctures you'll get. Everything is a trade off. I like to find a happy medium
  • Ok seems as my weight seems to have kicked things off.

Yes I'd like to loose 6kg. But below is me at 90kg. Not what I call fat.

1230018_10151860249841131_1999254162_n_zpsfe0d83f4.jpg

Already done the spreadsheet and I am happy with everything else, just the wheels where I need help.

Maybe a call to the supplier will quickly sort this out, seems as I am torn between two sets of there wheels.

Was just looking for an unbiased view away from the manufacturer.
  • Old ride again 90kg

6091_125731071130_8011793_n_zps9d3a7df5.jpg
  • Back to the subject.

Yes I want to loose 6kg from what I weigh now but I am not a fat rider i don't think.

Will call superstar tomorrow and see what they recommend.

I am intent on loosing 6kg, and if I can lighten my bike too then it is win win.

If I chose the wrong wheel set, then lesson learned not a big deal, but If I buy good wheels at half the price of the equivalent then to me its a good deal.