Mud/rain flap.

FATBELLYME
FATBELLYME Posts: 258
edited March 2014 in Road general
Hi anyone know where you can get those small rain flaps that look like they fit on the rear of the saddle to keep you bum dry. :D

Comments

• adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    I bought mine from here - http://urbancyclery.co.uk/ass-savers
  • FATBELLYME
    That's great...how good are they
  • adr82
    Better than nothing, but no replacement for a proper mudguard. The main advantages they have are that they weigh nothing, are very easy to clip on/off and won't rattle every time you hit a bump.
  • FATBELLYME
    ok appreciate that order made thanks again. :D
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,941
    I'm guessing that these would still fit with a small saddle bag/caddy in place :?:
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,213
    Ass Savers are great - keep most of the spray off your back and keep it all off your bum. Weigh nothing and cost very little.
    However they do nothing to help keep your bike clean!
  • adr82
    Dabber wrote:
    I'm guessing that these would still fit with a small saddle bag/caddy in place :?:
    Probably, may depend on the bag but only if it's particularly large. As long as there's a little clearance between the top of the bag and the bottom of your saddle that you can slide it into you should be OK. I have one of these and it's fine with that.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,941
    Thanks for that. If anything mine is a little smaller..... one of these
    So I think it should fit.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • :) I like em, and I make my own out of those bendy chopping board type of things, missus int that impressed tho lol, ass saver shaped holes in the kitchen stuff :)
  • FATBELLYME
    Got it today..they are a little cracker these :D
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    reminds me of the advert from the seventies. "they're not proper mudguards, that saddles like a razor blade.." etc.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    you can easily make your own from an A4 piece of polypropelene, i made one from an old polyprop ring binder
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • SlipSpace
    SlipSpace Posts: 46
    I have a similar thing that I bought in the early 90's I guess. A Raintail!!

Googled it and there's still some old stock about.
    http://www.kinokocycles.com/rf-100-rain-tail.html