Tyre Problem

samwilkinson
samwilkinson Posts: 18
edited March 2014 in MTB general
Hi guys, I bought both the front and the rear wheels to a pair of Stans no tubes ztr flow ex, and I'm having an extremely hard time trying to fit the tyre. I know it sounds stupidly silly, Im trying to fit a conti der kaiser projekt 2.4" to the rim, but it doesn't seem to be complying with me.

Also is it possible to fit tubes with the valve opening being there?
Or is that for the tubeless set up valve?
Any help would be much obliged.

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Start away from the valve. Get the tyre bead right in the middle if the rim. Soapy water. Effort.
  • Yeah no chance of that tyre going on :?

God knows why, but I could fit this tyre to my other rims on my old bike with less hassle.
    Guessing its late and I'm short on patience Lol.
  • Could try putting a tube in and inflating tyre leave for a while and then retry. It helped me . Tyre having stretched seemed to go on easier. Also have used fabric conditioner as a lube rather than washing up liquid tyre then slips into bead easier.
    Your rim will take tubes or tubeless using valve . Daft question but you are using yellow rimstrip.?
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    try putting washing up liquid on the rim and the bead - it should give more lubrication that soapy water. you should be able to pull the tyre on. I've had to do with with previous tyres before.
  • ianm7222
    ianm7222 Posts: 51
    Stans website details which tyres are compatible with each of their rims - some are just a little too tight - check there first before you waste any more time....
    I'm very responsible, whenever anything bad happens they always say I am responsible.....
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Hi guys, I bought both the front and the rear wheels to a pair of Stans no tubes ztr flow ex, and I'm having an extremely hard time trying to fit the tyre. I know it sounds stupidly silly, Im trying to fit a conti der kaiser projekt 2.4" to the rim, but it doesn't seem to be complying with me.
    Are they UST tyres? I accidentally bought some UST Schwalbes and couldn't get them on Stans rims. Tubeless ready go on a whole lot easier.
    Also is it possible to fit tubes with the valve opening being there?
    Or is that for the tubeless set up valve?
    Either tubes or tubeless as long as you have fitted the correct rim tape to go tubeless.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets