Halfords £1000 cycle2work voucher

bartsanti
bartsanti Posts: 23
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, new member. just received my cycle2work voucher and looking for advice on how to spend up to the value of £1000 in halfords. Had my eye initially on a voodoo bizango before I applied. So thinking that or boardman pro 29er, team 29er or team 650b plus maybe tyres and extras to use up full amount. Leaning towards these as already have a 2009 boardman pro ht. Could possibly use my british cycling discount aswell. So hit me, whats your thoughts?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You won't get discounts with c2w.
    I would go for the Boardman Pro 29
  • bartsanti
    Is that from personal experience… Always worth a try I suppose. Have a 10% code they sent me few weeks ago aswell. I know its a much better spec, but really not loving the colour scheme. think the bizango looks the nuts
  • rockmonkeysc
    I tried at Halfords and was told that they couldn't give any other discounts with c2w
  • bartsanti
    lovely……… any ideas on what to spend the extra 1p on if i get the pro
  • ElliottDavo
    ElliottDavo Posts: 151
    Try the 10% with whoever's on, they dont get any back bite ( I used to let them through if I liked the customer)
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I tried at Halfords and was told that they couldn't give any other discounts with c2w

Dunno about voucher discounts, but they offered me teh option of C2W payment on my Team FS that was reduced by £150 in store.
  • gazman428
    gazman428 Posts: 111
    I used my halford voucher in my local bikeshop. You dont have to have a halfords bike.
  • bartsanti
    Doubt if I'd get much better value unless I could redeem the voucher at somewhere like on-one
  • rockmonkeysc
    My Boardman r**d bike was already discounted by £100 when I got it on c2w. You always get the standard in store reductions.
    You would be daft to buy anything in Halfords at full price.
  • kfm2773
    kfm2773 Posts: 19
    I just recently purchased a Boardman on C2W in January. The store gave me my British Cycling discount of the bike so I had an extra £100 to spend. Dont know if the boy was a bit clueless though. Took me an hour and a half to pick the bike up as it wasn't ready when they said it was supposed to be..
  • bartsanti
    Hmm, wonder should I just play dumb n reserve £1100 worth of stuff or enquire when I'm in later. I see they've a 10% recycle bicycle offer running at the minute (could get a whole 100 quid for my mint Boardman)
  • bartsanti
    Been on the phone to cycle 2 work crowd, said can order most big name brands bar planetx, on one, Ribble and decathlon. So if not gonna get a discount on a Boardman is there anything else you think I should be looking at. Maxlight, trek, giant etc