1 1/4" stem makers?

naffets
naffets Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Got a canyon ultimate on order and need a longer stem than the one on. It comes
with a ritchey wcs I think canyon do a return service but have been waiting a long time already
and wouldn't like to hazard a guess to how long it would take to swap.
Does anybody know what makers do a 1.25" instead of the usual 1.12" stem

regards
Stef

Comments

• cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    you have to buy the ritchey from canyon as anything else voids warranty on fork.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    What length do you need?

...also, in the warranty does it really say it is void if you use any other stem? Seems daft. (not that there's a lot of choice out there anyway)
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 867
    Giant do those ones. I have one.
  • nsargeant
    nsargeant Posts: 31
    I've been looking into this too. As need to lower the front end given the extra height of the Acros headset.

Giant OD2 (overdrive) come in two versions with 1.25.

Syntace do/did one (F119) but are like hen's teeth.

Read some speculation that Specialized CLP adjustable stem apparently works if you remove the shims, but I'm seeing mixed reports and don't really fancy any play or risk of overtightening.
  • Speckled
    Speckled Posts: 97
    I bought my new ritchey one from this ebay shop, couple of other sites advertised the stems but didnt have them in stock.

This place does in various lenghts..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321266554488?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=510192156184&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  • ollie51
    ollie51 Posts: 517
    nsargeant wrote:
    I've been looking into this too. As need to lower the front end given the extra height of the Acros headset.

Giant OD2 (overdrive) come in two versions with 1.25.

Syntace do/did one (F119) but are like hen's teeth.

Read some speculation that Specialized CLP adjustable stem apparently works if you remove the shims, but I'm seeing mixed reports and don't really fancy any play or risk of overtightening.

I tried this at work when in need of entertainment, it is not safe.
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    I have a brand new ritchey wcs 110mm if you want it I bought it off canyon so it will fit.. I stuck with the 100mm so let me know
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    My LBS checked the warranty out, he's German and anal, won't touch the job for warranty after talking to Canyon
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799