Cable outer stuck

steve_kay
steve_kay Posts: 197
edited March 2014 in Workshop
I'm am in the process of changing my internal gear and brake cables and I've run into a snag. When I removed the old front mech cable it had a see-through plastic sheath around it which I presume stops the cable rattling in the tube. I removed the sheath, put it around the new cable and fed it back down the tube guide in the frame. After having to remove the cable again to correct a slight error, the sheath never came back out with the cable. I've checked both ends and can't see it at all. Has anyone had this issue and if so, how do I go about retrieving the sheath?
Thanks in advance

Steve

Comments

• Jon_1976
    Jon_1976 Posts: 690
    Will it not hoover out?
  • steve_kay
    Nah I've tried that. Are there guide tubes inside the frame or is it just a hollow frame?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Steve_kay wrote:
    Nah I've tried that. Are there guide tubes inside the frame or is it just a hollow frame?

I know nothing about internal cabling, but it would probably help people to help you if you say what frame you have. Possibly put it in the thread title to attract the attention of owners of the same bike?
  • steve_kay
    Thanks for the reply. I managed to sort it out with removing the 2 cable guide entrances at the top of the tube