Assos Sizing help pls.

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Looking at buying myself the Assos SS.Mille Short Sleeve Jersey & Assos T FI.Mille S5 Bib Shorts for the summer, but need help in the sizing if possible please, I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I'm 6' 1", 34" waist and Assos shorts and shirts are XL. The shirts particularly can feel quite a tight fit but if you accept that, my guess for you would be L for both.

Peter
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    yeah, sounds like a Large needed to me, too.
  • designman
    designman Posts: 405
    According to some websites I'm a size small for the "Assos SS.Mille Short Sleeve Jersey" - 38″ chest.
    And a size large for the "Assos T FI.Mille S5 Bib Shorts" - 5' 11" Height.
    Thanks.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    You really should pop into a shop and try before you buy - I think you may be surprised trying on a small Assos jersey!

Peter
  • mickyj
    mickyj Posts: 26
    Shorts will be large. I am 5'11 with a 32 waist and 38/39 chest and have the large in the s5 uno shorts and also the LL607 tights both of which fit well. Height is the most important measurement when deciding on size. Can't help with the jersey though.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Large in the shorts sounds about right however the Mille jersey is a looser fit than their other jerseys so a large might be a bit big.
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    edited March 2014
    I'm a 37chest (5-10 tall) and wear medium assos tops, but I find a medium Mille too big and baggy and the small too small. The different fit just doesn't work for me. Worth trying in a shop if you can, they are quite different to the others in the range. I have the same with the Mille shorts now, too long and baggy in the legs and I've not got skinny legs either. Medium Unos are fine :o)
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I'm similar size and proportions to OP (5'10" and 33") and find medium is best fit for Assos F1 Uno. They are very stretchy and conform well to the body. Large is too loose round the crotch. I have them in both sizes. Never tried Milles but have read on forums that they are slightly looser fit than Unos.
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    I'm 6'1" 75kg and bought Uno's in M to see if Assos worked for me and figured if they came up on the tighter side I'd get a pair of Mille as a second set as most comment they are roomier. Bought a second pair of Uno after trying them.
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    At 37" chest you'll not need a L for the jersey. Try a medium

Their bibs are sized by height, you're the same height as me and I use an L in regular leg length for those shorts
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    100% large for shorts.

Mille is personal. You won't need a large. Most likely a medium. But it won't hug you, it's quite loose at the back. A small is likely too small.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.