Ultegra 6800 groupset

nort757
nort757 Posts: 104
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
evening guys
looking to purchase a new groupset and cheapest i can find for the ultegra 6800 is on pro bike kit or ribble (but they have no stock),has anybody purchased this from pbk? does the size of cassette you order determine which size rear mech you get sent? as other sites you can choose everything individually
am i right in thinking that mavic kysrium elites can take 11 speed without any free hub changes?
thanks in advance

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I've purchased a few things from PBK and never had an issue. The rear mech will be the SS as the GS is only necessary with the 11-32 cassette (and is usually about a £20 premium). 2013+ Elites are 11s.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • nort757
    That's great cheers mate,I assume the cables are included?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Yup.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • nort757
    sound cheers mate much appreciated
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
  • nort757
    yeah seen that mate thanks
  • Jon_1976
    Jon_1976 Posts: 690
    The thing with Ribble is a lot of their Shimano stuff appears to be oem stuff, so you don't get boxes and certain items have things missing. Its not usually a big deal but you might need to buy extra parts. I've bought 4600 & 6800 callipers from them and both came in plastic bags with only 1 size of pivot nut, which was too short :evil:

I like PBK, ordered quite a bit of stuff with them and have had no problems. One advantage is, if you're impatient like me, they use DPD who do an excellent next day service with 1 hour delivery window.

Infact, the only problem I've had with PBK was a late delivery and that was my own fault by saving a quid and picking yodel..