C59 AD10 new cranks 52/36 page 4

13»

Comments

• markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Some may not like the new campag crankset but I wanted to go 52/36 I must say it does look stunning in the flesh
    just waiting for my enves to be built up to complete the changes for next year.
    IMG_1231_zps7313e600.jpg
    IMG_1230_zps859887f6.jpg
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Nice one Mark! I love all the naysayers who dismiss the new crank. It's not until you see it that you realise it's a bleeding work of art! :-)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Nice one Mark! I love all the naysayers who dismiss the new crank. It's not until you see it that you realise it's a bleeding work of art! :-)

I've seen it. I will concede that it looks mildly less hideous in the flesh than it does in pictures...... :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    This is beautiful. Colnago paint jobs are the best imo. They're all different and look fantastic.
  • Pure Art !!

Regards
    Cervelo R3
    Tarmac Elite
  • That is one very pretty frameset!
    I'm a fan of more interesting paint schemes- and that is smoking hot!
  • Very nice.

Can I ask how you have found the EPS? Any problems or faultless?
  • markyone
    Very nice.

Can I ask how you have found the EPS? Any problems or faultless?
    no probs at all its just amazing
  • I run Record EPS (on Mark's old C59 frame :-)) and I was sadly one of the unfortunate folk who got a duff Power Unit (issue now resolved and also non existant on the V2 PU). But after a replacement was fitted it's been all good and I got some quality milage done on it this year.
  • markyone
    New wheels and now just the bar tape to be fitted
    IMG_1234_zps2376aefb.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    52/36?

MTFU and go 53/39 ;)...
  • markyone
    52/36?

MTFU and go 53/39 ;)...
    lol yes that's to big I am not a young pup anymore.
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Such a beautiful bike. I am a Colnago convert (I have 3) but have none as beautiful as yours.

Well done
  • I'm curious about the saddle and seatpost combo. Is that a carbon rail Antares? I'll be building my C59 at some stage (a Polka Dot 52s) with the standard Colnago seatpost and didn't think I could use a carbon rail saddle. Any clarification appreciated.
  • I'm curious about the saddle and seatpost combo. Is that a carbon rail Antares? I'll be building my C59 at some stage (a Polka Dot 52s) with the standard Colnago seatpost and didn't think I could use a carbon rail saddle. Any clarification appreciated.

It works fine. I run a San Marco Aspide carbon saddle on mine. Before that it was a San Marco Concor Racing Carbon FX.
  • Righto - thanks for that. Might have to reconsider the Kium railed Aliante I bought. Hmmmmm.
  • markyone
    Carbon rails Antares,i also ran a pro logo carbon rails no probs at all.
  • Thanks again for the confirmation. Just thought the curvature of the standard seatpost jaws was too tight for the larger diameter carbon rails. I'm guessing it's a bit "pinchy" on the rails, though.

Nearly bid on a 52s AD10 on ebay today. Seller never built it up and was looking to upgrade to a C60. Very small lacquer chip on the top tube. It was at £1240 with minutes to go, and ended up at £1750. A good buy for someone, and a nice colour scheme, but I don't need another.