Yishun and other imports

2»

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    twist83 wrote:
    In which case that is an error by the clearing agent. They would need to do an amendment with customs and you SHOULD get any Duty/VAT due back. Easier said than done but if an entry is not correct it can be amended. We have to do it from to time here.

Easier said than done, as you say... in practice if you want your wheels you pay and shout up...
    left the forum March 2023
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    The whole cost thing p'sses me off, paying vat on your postage makes me angry
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    twist83 wrote:
    In which case that is an error by the clearing agent. They would need to do an amendment with customs and you SHOULD get any Duty/VAT due back. Easier said than done but if an entry is not correct it can be amended. We have to do it from to time here.

Easier said than done, as you say... in practice if you want your wheels you pay and shout up...

You can claim afterwards but we have enough trouble doing this when we shift Millions in spares/repairs so as you say for the normal person it is tough.

I must admit I have been tempted with one of these frames or wheels. But Planet X are very good value and I imagine built fairly well and you have come back. Always have Sales on as well.