Bianchi Sempre,2nd frame...same problem

ivanoile
ivanoile Posts: 202
edited March 2014 in Workshop
Year ago,I had my Sempre replaced because of cracked bottom bracket shell.But now,new frame started creacking.Half a spin on each spindle I hear creaking.Replaced bearings,checked pedals and bolts.Everything is ok,but creaking is amazing.First ride,70km of creaking,replaced bearing with ceramic ones(I don't like ceramic but I had them at home,unused,came with K-Force).
Today first ride with ceramic bearings,again,creaking when I sprint or fast ascents(3-4% climb and speed about 30km/h).

So,I have changed chainset to K-Force(before it was Gossamer chainset),but at home.Will they accept it in warranty?

And creaking is very loud,climbing on foot became very embarrasing because you can hear me 5km away).

Comments

• If the creaking was there before you did anything would your conscience not permit you to change it all back to what was there when you got it and then make the warranty claim?
  • ivanoile
    Problem is, I sold Gossamer which came with the bike.
  • Minglok74
    Minglok74 Posts: 36
    Have you checked the torque settings on the chainring bolts? I had bad creaking around the bottom bracket area and it was resolved when i regreased and torqued the bolts to the correct setting.

I have a 2013 Sempre Pro with Athena groupset.
  • RedWheels
    RedWheels Posts: 56
    i have heard through the grapevine that the 2013 Sempre pro veloce Chainset was recalled, because it required overtighting in the bb to stop the noise. but seeing as you replaced it.. . .

I had a creaking that seemed to come from the BB but oddly after i removed my seat-post, greased it up and retightened it, it seemed to go away.
  • ivanoile
    So I tightened again everything again,will try tomorrow and see what happens.If I hear creaking again,nothing else I can do with bike.

Seatpost can't be,at least I think so because I can hear creak when I sprint or stand on legs.
  • RedWheels
    RedWheels Posts: 56
    no, it was unlikely.

I did also knock in a couple of spacers in by my bottom bracket at the same time (same day that is) which helped to make it tighter.
  • ivanoile
    Now I can't hear any creak,maybe a little but I'm not sure is it water or bike.Only tighted chainset a bit more.