Who are the most competent Cannondale dealers in UK ?

Serious Cat
Serious Cat Posts: 489
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Ive been checking particular dealers, whom I wont name, and have read some pretty underwhelming reviews and comments. I need to identify a UK based Cannondale dealer who will :

Have a bike listed online as being in stock actually being in stock and ready for shipping with no discovering that they don't have it malarkey after ive paid for it.

That I can rely upon that a bike being posted has been quality checked and will have no missing parts, bosses that aren't drilled properly , wheels that aren't true etc etc

That look after a customer and are proud of the reputation they have built up and endeavour to keep standards high.

That will package a bike properly so as to ensure it doesn't suffer harm whilst in post.

That I can depend on to act professionally and thus give me the assurance that I can really rely upon them.

So which are the UK cannondale dealers with whom parting with my hard earned money will not turn into a headache situation and will go out of their way to ensure that a transaction runs as smooth as silk and without a hitch ?
This serious internet site..............I serious cat

Comments

• domc21
    domc21 Posts: 86
    Epic cycles?
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    If I were to get another Cannondale I'd go to my local bike shop, Chelmer Cycles in Chelmsford. They probably wouldn't have it in stock and would have to order it and aren't really into the whole 'online' thing, but they build them properly and can't do enough for you.

I still remember John (the owner) explaining how badly bolted together Cannondales were from the factory - from the £600 ones up the £7k superbikes, he used to insist on stripping the whole lot back and rebuilding them properly.
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    Had all my cannondale from my local shop. No complaints ever. Brilliant individual service and attention to detail with all my bikes not just cannondale.

Primera.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    edited March 2014
    If I were to get another Cannondale I'd go to my local bike shop, Chelmer Cycles in Chelmsford. They probably wouldn't have it in stock and would have to order it and aren't really into the whole 'online' thing, but they build them properly and can't do enough for you.

I still remember John (the owner) explaining how badly bolted together Cannondales were from the factory - from the £600 ones up the £7k superbikes, he used to insist on stripping the whole lot back and rebuilding them properly.
    I know Jon, but I doubt he does this every time. They are a good CDale dealer though.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Westbrooks. I've bought a few bikes from there, including a CAAD10. My Brother has bought several from there too. Great shop and great service.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • beetle1
    beetle1 Posts: 189
    I live a couple of miles away from Westbrooks and whilst I don't ride Cannondale now I used to own one which suffered a fork problem. Westbrooks, had it sorted straight away with a replacement. I have them build all my bikes, a great bunch of lads work there and they definitely care about their customers
  • itsnotarace
    itsnotarace Posts: 518
    +1 Westbrooks
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I can vouch for Westbrook Cycles too, got my SuperSix from them.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    CyclesUK have been great for me.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • stealf
    stealf Posts: 49

Seconded - Great bike shop. Back in the day they had a guy there (Matt) who left to go onto work for Singletrack MAg. Everytime I went there, they proved the LBS business model still has legs in the online world. I live in London now and wish they were still my local shop.top marks
    A bicycle ride is a flight from sadness.
    James E. Starrs

Current Bikes
    1999 Trek 6000 still looking mint
    2007Spesh StumpJumper FSR Elite
    2012 Sabbath September - Ooohhhh is that Titanium?
  • +1 for Chelmer Cycles in Chelmsford. Not my closest, but will travel there for the honesty factor.
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    More's the point, i'd be quite interested in which dealer has clearly not met your expectation? Out them.
  • poucher
    poucher Posts: 102
    Westbrook Cycles - Top Lads

P1030671.jpg
    I've bought a couple of Cannondales from them, inc my Supersix above.

Always helpful, always professional, you always get the best advice and if they don't have what your looking for they will get it in quickly.
    I won't go anywhere else for my gear, can't recommend them highly enough!

Poucher :wink:
  • tc3nitro
    tc3nitro Posts: 82
    www.cyclesense.co.uk
    They are local to me but there service is always top draw.
  • rgasuk
    rgasuk Posts: 89
    If u don't mind using the internet I used pedalon for my caadx , many companies advertised in stock then when paying they said it would be end of April. I wrang a few who all advertise but don't have them in. Used pedalon before , already new my size so more than happy with there service . I spoke with westbrooks via email, and even tho they didn't have it in stock they were helpfull.
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    stealf wrote:
    Seconded - Great bike shop. Back in the day they had a guy there (Matt) who left to go onto work for Singletrack MAg. Everytime I went there, they proved the LBS business model still has legs in the online world. I live in London now and wish they were still my local shop.top marks

That's the chap - dog called Bertie (RIP).
    He owned the MTB side of the shop and could sell ice to eskimos. He's the man I blame for my Imelda Marcos-style bike shoe habit.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I've not bought a bike from Westbrooks, but I popped in there for the first time the other day to check out the cheap Foils they are selling on offer. They were excellent and really helpful. if I were going to buy a new bike, I would definitely think about going to them.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    another +1 for Westbrooks.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • TBF fair there are enough Cannondale dealers in the UK. I bought one from TriUK and another from Pauls. Both excellent.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Westbrooks are the business
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I would always try to buy locally rather than via the web as its a lot easier to walk into a shop with your problem and get a resolution rather than get fobbed off over the phone. I have dealt with two and both have been excellent.

Cyclehouse in Warrington/Chester and Drakes Cycles in Leeds. Both have been willing to price match other retailers and both have dealt with warranty issues well.

P