Clothing sizes; I'm too scrawney!

Ratty89
Ratty89 Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm having a bit of trouble finding affordable cycle jerseys/shirts in my size. most of the XS are too big, and child sizes are all wrong (make me look like I have monkey arms, or are too short in the torso.)

I have a few dhb core fit base later tops in XS, and they are baggy, but good enough for under my jersey when I'm out on the MTB

Does anyone else have this Problem? any recommendations?
I'm 30" chest
28" waist
30" hips
I don't know arm length off the top of my head.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    I don't have that problem as I'm fat so I can't help too much.

Have you tried sourcing Classic Size 0 Jerseys and Slim/Race Fit Jerseys, perhaps by the likes of Santini or maybe Nalini?

It might be worthwhile sending the guys at Prendas an email to see if they can help you out, just as an example your size does exist:
    http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ty ... =2&ID=2866
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • Pedro77
    Pedro77 Posts: 59
    Don't cook! Just eat!!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Ratty89 wrote:
    I don't know arm length off the top of my head.

That's where you are going wrong - arm length is from the top of your shoulders. :lol:

Without being a famine victim it is difficult to be too thin for the smallest sizes in Italian kit - so Prendas is a good option as is the likes of Castelli, Nalini and others.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Try kids jerseys at Prendas, I'm 36 chest/28 waist and some adult XS are still quite a loose fit. Best fit I have is from Decathlon, an 'aero' fit jersey.