Demo Days

jonnyboy66uk
jonnyboy66uk Posts: 260
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

Im in the market for a new bike but I literally am undecided on what, Im not sure about 650b, 29er, a bargain 26 so I would like to trial a few, any ideas of any good demo days located somewhere in the south? I am based in oxford and looking for somewhere closeby!

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You won't get any demos on bargain 26" bikes.
    Giant have a fleet of demo bikes and will send one to your local shop for you to take for a few days.
    Trek have their fleet of demo bikes at Bike Park Wales.
    Most larger shops have a range of demo bikes.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    You mean Bike Park Wales have a fleet of hire bikes that happen to be Treks? I don't think we should start calling hire bikes demo bikes - if a shop/company lets you try it for free, its a demo bike, if they make you pay for it its a hire bike I reckon.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Unless it's a Specialized downhill bike, then it's a Demo (unless it's a Status).
    I was under the impression that BPW Trek demonstrator/hire bikes are Treks main demonstration fleet. That's what my local Trek dealer told me.
  • benpinnick
    im sure thats how they bill it, but I just think you should call a spade a spade :)
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Unless it's a shovel
  • wilberforce
    wilberforce Posts: 315
    How about http://www.qecyclefest.co.uk/ in May at Queen Elizabeth Country park near Petersfield
  • This is my dilemma, My local shop is happy to loan me a bike but for the privilege will relieve me of £50, Trouble is I dont know what I want and would like to try as many as poss without bankrupting myself in the process..

Wilberforce that looks ideal!!!
  • benpinnick
    Bit of a hike (1 hr) but mountain trax in Wokingham will do you a months worth of demos for 30. Lots to try but mainly high end. Close to swinley so easyto collect and return in a few hours.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    You've just missed the Leisure Lakes demo day at Cannock Chase.

They've got another up at Lee Quarry on the 30th of March. If the Cannock one was owt to go by, it'd be worth making the pilgrimage. I rode all three wheel sizes - found some bikes I loved, and some I hated!

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/news/113/bury-demo-day-at-lee-quarry
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Hargroves have a demo day in Swindon on 4th May - looks like a small but fun loop, and as above there's the QE Cyclefest on 17th / 18th May which is always great fun... and you can come join in the Day and Night Enduro if you are up for it!
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Clank wrote:
    You've just missed the Leisure Lakes demo day at Cannock Chase.

They've got another up at Lee Quarry on the 30th of March. If the Cannock one was owt to go by, it'd be worth making the pilgrimage. I rode all three wheel sizes - found some bikes I loved, and some I hated!

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/news/113/bury-demo-day-at-lee-quarry

Typical! Yes I have done teh small loop in swindon, As you say its not big but at least I will be able to test some new steeds. Just wish it was sooner!