2014 TdF Cav versus Kittel+Greipel **will contain SPOILERS**

nic_77
nic_77 Posts: 929
edited July 2014 in Pro race
Let's make this official...
Cav wins if he equals the combined total of the other two.

I'm voting Cav.
Rayjay and I still need to work out the terms of our bet.

Comments

• jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    edited March 2014
    I've gone against cav but suspect we'll see opqs try and avoid train v train battles and try and force splits etc a lot more instead.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Kittel v Greipel combined. Easy
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    Greipel is just too strong atm, the mans a beast.

But then Cav could just be holding back a little bit so far but I doubt it.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    nic_77 wrote:
    Let's make this official...
    Cav wins if he equals the combined total of the other two.

I'm voting Cav.
    Rayjay and I still need to work out the terms of our bet.

Sure do.

Joelsim took your Bet as well.

Will have to have a 3 way conflab

Any ideas ?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    I don't see Greipel winning many and Kittel is possibly more suspect to getting dropped on hills. Sagan could mess things up though.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    You should have a signature bet.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    History has shown us time and again that you write Cav off at your peril.
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    TheBigBean wrote:

I'm not sure that's quite painful enough to the loser. I think a calendar month in "the other place" defending the indefensible under their BR names should do it.
    - nic loses: "The bio-passport has leveled the playing field sufficiently for clean riders to win"
    - rayjay loses: "Froome's mid-career metamorphosis into a GC killer is easily explained by his unconventional background and undiagnosed twisted blood.

Being banned stops the clock.

(Voted against Cav. Hell mend me.)
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I've bet against Cav for the first time. There just isn't the same air of invicibility and hunger about him that there was a few seasons ago.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I've gone for the Dubbel Duitsers because I'm irrationally superstitious and this means Cav will in fact win 21 stages.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I voted with head rather than heart. Hope Cav thumps them.
  • tailwindhome
    TheBigBean wrote:

Nic's signature must read "WBT and Rayjay know much betterer science than me"
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Paul 8v
    What happened to WBT? If you say his name three times will he appear? Or did he morph in to "The Truth?"
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    TheBigBean wrote:

Nic's signature must read "WBT and Rayjay know much betterer science than me"

It wasn't me who claimed that drugs are not developed for animals :lol:
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Delete.
  • I reckon cav will only win one or two stages, greipel will get none and kittel will get three or four. Cav might win msr though.
  • I've gone for the Dubbel Duitsers because I'm irrationally superstitious and this means Cav will in fact win 21 stages.

Slightly OT, and I'm sure the answer is Yes, but has anyone ever won every stage of a race before?
  • outcastjack
    outcastjack Posts: 237
    I expect that the Germans combined will win more than Cavendish, but as long as he wins a few stages and they all are on cracking form then I will be very happy.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Sorry, Cav, feel like I've betrayed you.... :(
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    I really want to see all the top sprinters, all on top form, going for the line no holds barred. I love a good sprint finish.

I think, If Cav's train is not functioning he will get the wheel of one of the big Germans and come out of there slipsteram to take the win. They cant really do that to him, they are too big and he is too small.
  • OPQS's train last year was pretty woeful (especially given the talent they had on paper) so they'll really have to get their sh*t together if they want to dominate this summer. More likely we'll have three very competitive trains in the TdF which could be very interesting. Especially if van den Broeck continues his slide into mediocrity and Lotto go all out for Greipel.

More pan-flat stages this year so we need a good battle between the sprinters.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I've gone for the Dubbel Duitsers because I'm irrationally superstitious and this means Cav will in fact win 21 stages.

Slightly OT, and I'm sure the answer is Yes, but has anyone ever won every stage of a race before?

Good question. I don't know the answer (or can't be bothered to search for it if I'm more honest). I suppose it depends on how long the race is. Winning every stage of a 'stage' race of three days is infinitely more possible than one lasting three weeks.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Yeah, I'm thinking something like the Circuit Franco-Belge or the Ster Elektrotoer.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Yorkshire edge give it Cavendish.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    OPQS train looking in good shape today in Turkey... anyone want to reconsider?

http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube ... QQ&yr=2014
  • UncleMonty
    UncleMonty Posts: 385
    Being outnumbered I just have to go with the duo.

Not writing Cav off, he needs some confidence after last year though, an early win in a fair fight over Kittel would do wonders.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I can see Cav winning more stages than either of them individually.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Paul 8v
    The train is back on track. (until the next "Cav is finished" thread
  • tailwindhome
    BnC9NTWIUAA-qJu.jpg:large
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    i can't see cavendish winning more than one stage unfortunately :-(
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago