2014 Cube ltd SL

burglarboycie
burglarboycie Posts: 200
edited March 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Hello all,
Thought I would share some pics of my new bike.
I ordered the Cube ltd pro (in orange :D ) from Tredz but they had a few problems getting it to me on time so offered mean upgrade to the SL at no extra cost!! can't argue with that.
Its stock at the moment but I will be changing to carbon bars and seatpost when funds allow, which won't be for a while unfortunately as we are in the middle of moving house! But I will be changing the grips as soon as possible as the standard cube ones are far too hard for my liking and i'm finding myself suffering from hand pains after long rides. Will probably opt for ESI chunkies. Ordered some Nukeproof Electron pedals already, had thought about venturing into the world of clipless but that can wait a while.
This is my first 29er and I must say i'm a total convert, love riding it and can't see myself going back to a 26" ever!
I am very impressed with the build quality and spec on it (especially as I got it for £200 less than retail) but it could maybe do with losing a little bit of weight, although its not scarily heavy.

IMG-20140301-00048.jpg

The steerer has been cut since the pic was taken and sorry for the state of the place in the pic, like I said, moving house :roll:

All the best
James

Comments

• Focus340
    Focus340 Posts: 1
    Nice Cube!

I've literally just taken delivery of my 2014 Reaction pro. I agree with you saying I'll never go back to a 26 after now riding a 29. It's a whole new experience.

I also thought the same about the grips but I haven't ridden long enough on it to actually feel any of the hardships yet. I'm sure I'll be changing them soon enough though.

Anyway sweet bike.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Nice bike! What's in the vivarium?
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Lewis A wrote:
    Nice bike! What's in the vivarium?

Thanks. Nothing anymore, it was a bearded dragon but he passed away last week :(
    Focus340 wrote:
    Nice Cube!

I've literally just taken delivery of my 2014 Reaction pro. I agree with you saying I'll never go back to a 26 after now riding a 29. It's a whole new experience.

I also thought the same about the grips but I haven't ridden long enough on it to actually feel any of the hardships yet. I'm sure I'll be changing them soon enough though.

Anyway sweet bike.

Cheers. I hope you enjoy yours as much as i'm enjoying mine

James
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Sorry to hear it.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Morning all
    Took advantage of the great weather we have here at the moment and got up early this morning to head out for a couple of hours. Took on some pretty serious climbs (albeit on the road) and am so pleased with how easy they seemed on this bike!! Got nice and muddy too, not long after this pic was taken I was trudging through 4" deep slop :D

IMG-20140316-00054.jpg

James