Sportive Bikes Advice

garymw
garymw Posts: 36
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all,looking to get more of a comfortable sportive bike as the one i have is more race set up.
Anyone recommend good sportives with decent spec and set up to race if need be if thats possible???
Seen a few Specialized? Giant Defy??? Ribble??? etc any advice from the experts would be appreciated greatly,or any previous posts similar to this one to read.
:?

Comments

• Domane
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 867
    There really isn't such a thing as a 'sportive bike'. You can ride a sportive on any bike, some companies just market certain models as being particularly good for those wanting to ride sportives. It sounds like you are after frames with a more forgiving geometry so a Spesh Roubaix, Trek Domane, & i think Focus do an Izalco model these days too with this in mind. I have a Roubaix & use it for the commute, training & riding in bandit country, as well as some sportives. You can't go wrong with one to be honest.

Just get the one which fits you best though, that's the golden rule.

Use the search facility on here if you want to find similar threads.
  • rnarito
    rnarito Posts: 20
    Felt Z series, almost as comfortable as Domane but less expensive...
  • Roubaix or Domane or Defy Composite
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced 2 2020
    Canyon Lux CF SL 7.0 2019
    Canyon Spectral CF 7.0 2019
    Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 2020
    Wattbike Atom V2
    Garmin Edge 530
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    Bianchi Intenso perhaps?
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    What do you have at the moment?
    Could you have a stem that can flip over, giving you less of a slammed position?
  • garymw
    RC856 wrote:
    What do you have at the moment?
    Could you have a stem that can flip over, giving you less of a slammed position?
    i have a cube gtc agree pro,yes thinking of flipping the stem to see.
  • garymw
    thanks looked at Giant Defy but never really looked at the domane,seems good on your replies thanks will look someone mentioned Cannondale synapse is more relaxed too ??
  • Sharky999
    Sharky999 Posts: 103
    i just bought this frame, and done self build. prob going to have a bit of a stacked headset on it but im looking for a more relaxed position anyway.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    There really isn't such a thing as a 'sportive bike'. You can ride a sportive on any bike, some companies just market certain models as being particularly good for those wanting to ride sportives. It sounds like you are after frames with a more forgiving geometry so a Spesh Roubaix, Trek Domane, & i think Focus do an Izalco model these days too with this in mind. I have a Roubaix & use it for the commute, training & riding in bandit country, as well as some sportives. You can't go wrong with one to be honest.

Also Scott CR1 - a few people around here have one ;)
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    garymw wrote:
    thanks looked at Giant Defy but never really looked at the domane,seems good on your replies thanks will look someone mentioned Cannondale synapse is more relaxed too ??

Yes, Synapse is Cannondales "Sportive" offering but it is a bit less upright than some.Good luck in getting one, the £1500 105 version just won BOTY in Cycling Plus. Now like rocking horse feces to get hold of so my LBS was telling me. They did have the Ultegra Hi-Mod version but that is £3k. Ribble Gran Fondo, Sportive Azzuro also worht a look as are some of the PX offerings.
  • garymw
    kuota anyone ??sportive models anyone know who has one.