Any Rigida/Ryde rim experts?

munkster
munkster Posts: 819
edited March 2014 in Workshop
So I ordered two Rigida/Ryde Flyer rims for a budget wheel build and have received one Ryde Flyer rim (all good), and one Ryde Racer rim (huh?). Now, they both *appear* to be similar profiles etc but does anyone know anything about these products? Is a Racer the same as a Flyer? No mention that I can see of a Ryde Racer on their website.

Before anyone says it: the company is in Holland so would rather not call them (yet), I've spoken to the UK distributor who is none the wiser, and the place I bought them from isn't answering their phone, and I am waiting on an email response...

Anyone?? TIA! :-)

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    They appear to be the same thing... if you look at the zoom image, the "racer rim" actually says flyer on it

http://www.bikeonlineshop.net/road-tria ... -rim-black

Sounds like a case of renaming/rebranding
    left the forum March 2023
  • munkster
    munkster Posts: 819
    Ah, that would be the ideal situation - good internetting skills, many thanks.

De-stickering it is then! ;-)
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    munkster wrote:
    Ah, that would be the ideal situation - good internetting skills, many thanks.

De-stickering it is then! ;-)

I would say so... Ryde stickers are normally quite distasteful anyway... they really need to employ someone under 60 among their graphic staff
    left the forum March 2023