Vittoria Rubino - honey?

crescent
crescent Posts: 1,201
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
I was just about to order a set of Vittoria Rubinos in black/white but noticed they do a black/honey version. Does anyone know if "honey" coloured is Vittoria's version of "natural" for tyre sidewalls. I quite like the retro look of natural coloured tyres but it looks a bit too yellow on the website.

Cheers
Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"

Comments

• rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    The Honey version is just a browny/yellow colour stripe. The sidewalls are still black.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shop ... H&usqp=CAY

Just a point - I had these tyres in Black and later with a Black / White. They are OK but the coloured strips cracked up quickly. They are also very hard, quite uncomfortable tyres. A move to Continental GP4000's on the same bike was a real eye-opener.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I find the ride on Rubinos pretty good, grip (particularly in the wet) is my main concern with them. GP4000S generally cost a lot more and aren't as hard wearing so not really a fair comparison is it?
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    I have a honey rubino atm on my bike

See front wheel:

bax7ddwl.jpg?1

I thought h0ney mught look good but i think I'd should of stuck with orange or at least matching colours :oops:

If you want cheap gumwall vittoria & don't mind 19mm:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYVTOCCXTT ... lding-tyre

I have theese tyres on another bike atm they seen to roll well
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Thanks for the info folks.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    BigMat wrote:
    I find the ride on Rubinos pretty good, grip (particularly in the wet) is my main concern with them. GP4000S generally cost a lot more and aren't as hard wearing so not really a fair comparison is it?

Yup - GP4000Ss puncture horribly in the wet. If you're worried about Rubino grip, buy the EVO model (extra couple of quid)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH