Cookie Policy

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
Is this something new?

Everytime I navigate to a new page I get a pop up at the bottom of the screen saying.....

"We use cookies on this website. By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out more and set your preferences here."

When I click on the link there appear to be no preferences to change?

It's a bit of a pain the arse as it's literally every page you go to :roll:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• arran77 wrote:
    Is this something new?

Everytime I navigate to a new page I get a pop up at the bottom of the screen saying.....

"We use cookies on this website. By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out more and set your preferences here."

It's a bit of a pain the ars* as it's literally every page you go to :roll:

+1 here
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:
    Is this something new?

It's a bit of a pain the ars* as it's literally every page you go to :roll:

+1 here

I can see this turning into another 'Big Advertising' slinging match :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Same here; it's like the previous cookie notice but bigger and more intrusive, and doesn't disappear for the current session when the X is clicked. The old one did.

Can only imagine it's part of a drive to clear us old fuddy-duddies out from the site to get the young blood on board, in conjunction with the iPad ads that make the site jump about whilst we try to prod the right link. Well done BR - your cunning plan is working, for me at least.
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    The site needs to remember the fact you have agreed/disagreed to the use of cookies and stop asking on every new page

Perhaps a cookie could be used to track the user's answer
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Yup, screwed up. Doesn't anyone ever test changes?
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    Haven't been on the site for a while, returned today, and considering leaving quickly as the ruddy Cookies message is bloody annoying

Come on, be like the rest of the www, just store our details and stop this bloody pop-up running around like a teenager who has lost his virginity and wants to broadcast it to the world....
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • arran77
    Dabber wrote:
    Yup, screwed up. Doesn't anyone ever test changes?

Yes, us because we don't cost anything!!

seanoconn
  • arran77
    mobilekat wrote:
    Haven't been on the site for a while, returned today, and considering leaving quickly as the ruddy Cookies message is bloody annoying

Come on, be like the rest of the www, just store our details and stop this bloody pop-up running around like a teenager who has lost his virginity and wants to broadcast it to the world....

You should have been here for the big advertising shite storm.......sorry I mean debate :lol:

seanoconn
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    Glad I missed that one!
    Think someone forgot the first rule of computing...
    Never change anything on a Friday afternoon!
    It will go tits-up
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    advertising I can cope with ... pop up messages that tell me the site uses cookies (no shit sherlock!) that I had already agreed to and with no method of getting rid of the annoying thing is just .... well annoying!

Future seem to be living in the PAST ....
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    I'm pleased to find that it's not just me.

Still peed off by the cookie notice though. :(

The older I get, the better I was.

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    +1 here too, I can't get rid of the popup, it's there all the time! If I close it, it appears again on the next page, and no way to turn it off!
  • We should start a sweepstake on how many days it takes to fix. I reckon it will be next Thursday. By which time the number of users will have plummeted.
    Got a place in the Pyrenees.
    Do bike and ski stuff.
  • arran77
    We should start a sweepstake on how many days it takes to fix. I reckon it will be next Thursday. By which time the number of users will have plummeted.

That's a tad optimistic I reckon, hand your money over now looser :wink:

:lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    This is the link to change your settings but because I don't have the correct permissions on this computer I could only do the opt out things on the 'Sitestat' link which seems to do feck all to stop the stupid pop up :roll:

http://www.futureplc.com/cookies-policy/how-can-i-manage-or-opt-out-of-cookies/

Does it work for anyone else?

seanoconn
  • markhewitt1978
    Only allows you to opt out of cookies, nowt to turn the banner off?
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Only allows you to opt out of cookies, nowt to turn the banner off?

Indeed. A bit bl**dy annoying.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • markhewitt1978
    The box turned into a narrower one for a minute - and now appears to have gone?
  • Yes, it's gone for me too.
    Got a place in the Pyrenees.
    Do bike and ski stuff.
  • arran77
    Yes, it's gone for me too.

Me too.....power to the people :wink:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:
    Yes, it's gone for me too.

Me too.....power to the people :wink:

Whoops, I think I jinxed it with that comment, the bloody thing is back :roll:

seanoconn
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I've still got it too.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Not there at the moment, this could change within seconds of me hitting the submit button.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Seems like it is fixed now.
  • arran77
    Velonutter wrote:
    Seems like it is fixed now.

Nothing on the iPad but that doesn't suffer advert invasion for some reason :wink::lol:

seanoconn