Today on my ride to work

drummer_boy
drummer_boy Posts: 236
edited March 2014 in Commuting general
Went into garage to discover a flat tyre. Almost went into the house to get changed to drive in and remembered rule #5 (http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/), so fixed the puncture, and set off.

A mile or two down the road was overtaken my a small white builders van, which slowed down to match my pace, along side me (decent gap though). The passenger window wound down, and the guy in the passenger seat start to do his best team car encouragement rap, whilst talking gibberish! The best bit was he wearing one of those roast chicken hats on. I almost fell off laughing, and it brightened my ride up no end!

Even better when I over took the van 1/2 mile further on when they had to stop for a bin wagon!!

Some days cycling is just fun. :lol:

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    :D And I bet you thought when he pulled up alongside you were going to get a mouthfull of abuse!
  • drummer_boy
    drummer_boy Posts: 236
    It was a quiet country lane and I did wonder what they were up to!!
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I once had someone pull up along side me, i was expecting the worst but he just said, "nice bike mate" and drove off! I was going to say nice car to return the compliment but it really wasn't!!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes