sram xo gripshift .

coulddobetter
coulddobetter Posts: 812
edited March 2014 in MTB general
Just fitted xo 2 x 10 gripshift & overall length is quite long .anyone else fitted trimmed down grips. Second niggle is that if not careful they interfere with avid x9 break adjuster a set to x9 mechs and find them crisp light and positive. However the lentgh is putting brake levers a little too inboard. Minor complaint as the improvement in feel and changing is way uo on x9.

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    What?

You can trim standard grips (not the Grip Shift bit) to any length you like. Fitting the brake levers in has always been a bit of a pain with GS shifters, not much you can do about that.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    People have trimmed the Gripshift section down with a hacksaw so they can run full length grips and then shift with just thumb and forfinger.....expensive test if you don't like it though.

Personally I get grips of the same diameter and when riding normally I use the gripshift grip as part of my grip.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.