Bianchi Sempre Pro 2014...

TheSloog
TheSloog Posts: 50
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
…apart from the paint job, does anyone know if there's much (or any) difference?

Comments

• TheSloog
    ...oops, between the 2014 and the 2013 sempre pro is what I meant to ask...
  • Spudboy
    Spudboy Posts: 101
    Very little difference. Both are set up to allow mechanical or electric gearing but the bottom bracket on the 2013 is a BB30 and a PF30 on the 2014 model. This article tells you about the differences http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/complete-guide-to-bottom-brackets-36660/

I have a 2013 Sempre Pro and it really is superb. Stiff, light and comfortable. A far better bike than I am a rider. Couple of pro teams ride them too I believe.

I would choose the colour you prefer rather than worry about the model year. I can't imagine you'll be disappointed with either.
  • TheSloog
    Sound advice,
    Cheers
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    Hargroves still have 2013 athena at £2k if your a 55
  • LittlePlums
    LittlePlums Posts: 139
    By way of a benchmark, I got my 2013 Sempre Pro Veloce for £1,700 last September - worth a haggle.

I'm washing my mouth out as I say this but Evans have the 105 model in black and white for that price.

However, don't be fooled by the 'limited edition' 2013 Veloce model in matt black. If you look carefully, it has external cable routing which means that it is, in all probability end of line 2012 stock.
    Pride and joy: Bianchi Sempre
    Commuting hack: Cube Nature
  • TheSloog
    Sound advice, think the reasons I want a bianchi means it'd have to have celeste and campag anyway...
  • Vslowpace
    Vslowpace Posts: 189
    However, don't be fooled by the 'limited edition' 2013 Veloce model in matt black. If you look carefully, it has external cable routing which means that it is, in all probability end of line 2012 stock.

True, the frame looks identical to mine which was the Athena build and was a 2012 model. I think it became the pro from 2013.