Newbie - in need of help

JGTR
JGTR Posts: 1,404
edited March 2014 in MTB general
Hi, I have just purchased a Specialized Camber - went for a 2013 comp, got a good deal :D Have been riding a 2007 Rockhopper pro disc which I love but I'm thought it was time to upgrade. First time on this forum, already found loads of great info...thanks :D

Unfortunately the shop I brought the bike from have left me in the s**t as I want to ride it on Sat but it isn't set up - I don't know much about the my new bike and neither did they - useless, couldn't even answer basic questions, in all honesty I knew more than them! I've managed to get the rear suspension set up (there was hardly any pressure in the shock :x ) and I think I've found enough info to do the front forks.

I want to run tubeless but the shop were not able to tell me if I could - the bike is 2bliss ready but currently has tubes, as far as I was aware the bike should come with 2Bliss (tubeless?) valve stems then all I need is the tape and sealant - can anyone let me know the best tape and sealant and whether the bike should come with 2bliss valves (it didn't) :roll:

Jay

Comments

• Polf
    Polf Posts: 64
    "Tubeless ready" means just that. It is ready to go tubeless should you want to. This means that the rims and usually the tyres are suitable for removing the tubes. They would not provide the valves if they have provided tubes. There are lots of products out there and different people will give you different opinions, but 'Stans no tubes' seem to be the main choice and is what I use. The tubeless ready rims will probably already have the tape installed. Check inside your rim. You will need sealant, valves and tape if not already installed. Search on Youtube for a wealth of clips on how to convert to tubeless.
    Yeti SB95
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275
    On One 456C

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, does not try it on"
  • Stans no tubes is the way to go . Search there for your rim and it will tell you whether you need tape , a tubeless rim strip with valve included or tape and tubeless valves. I have done 2 sets of wheels one stans that just needed tape and valve , the other mavic which required their rimstrip. Both easy using washing up liquid and a track pump .the ease of fitting seems to vary with tyre choice. Just read the bikeradar review that states bike comes with tubless vales and is tubless ready.