Frame stolen, after a new HT frame.

Cave_Dweller
Cave_Dweller Posts: 114
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
I've had my 24 Le Toy 3 frame stolen last week and it's still not been found or any evidence who did it. Completely gutted because it wasn't exactly a common frame to have, I've never seen another one in person. I'm giving it till the end of the month and if it still hasn't been found I will be buying a new frame for street riding and dirt jumps.

I used to have an Identiti Dr Jekyll frame many years ago and I quite liked it. I'm after that sort of frame again and the closest thing I can find is the Nukeproof Snap frame. It will be for 26 inch wheels or maybe 24inch, I have both 26 and 24 inch wheels laying around. I have everything else to put on it because I was going to put it all on the frame I had stolen. As of the forks, I have an old set of 2003 Marzocchi dirt jumper 2's with 130mm travel and 20mm axle that I could put on it. They are still going strong with no rattles or creaks considering they're 11years old, I still like to ride with them.

If anyone knows of any other frames like the Nukeproof Snap then please let me know. I want to do a bit of shopping around since I have a bit of time to get a frame if my Le Toy hasn't turned up and I don't want to go with the first one I see. My budget will be about £500.

PS: If anyone see's a 24 Le Toy 3 frame getting sold around the South Wales area please let me know. It will be hard to spot unless you know the frame because I sprayed it in Ford aquarious blue and has no stickers.

Cheers!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I remember that frame! Are you running discs or Vs though?
  • Sorry forgot, discs front and back. I'm only a small bloke so I've been looking at 14" frames or just under and preferably a small/medium option with the top tube.

I saw another one that took my fancy, an Octane One Zircus. It's on Ebay for £159 and it's had pretty good reviews on other sites when I googled it.

Edit: I only have a bmx BB and cranks because that's what the Le Toy frame used. I don't mind getting a frame with a normal mtb BB because with my budget that should allow for a new crank set as well.