Race Face Atlas Pedals

kesher
kesher Posts: 44
edited April 2014 in MTB buying advice
Considering buying them; but I can't find a review. Does anyone have experience of them? Thanks.

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Yep - I have some they are awesome. Are they worth the extra money... probably not. Are they some of the best pedals out there? For sure.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    There must be pedals that rival them for under £100, £125 is too much IMO.
  • kesher
    benpinnick wrote:
    Yep - I have some they are awesome. Are they worth the extra money... probably not. Are they some of the best pedals out there? For sure.

Can't find any in stock (in green)
  • spuddle
    spuddle Posts: 61
    Am also waiting for these to be in stock, CRC 24th March, was 11th, Evans 11th April, tempted by eBay USA for same price, will be replacing my spank spikes which am tired of replacing parts after every 50 miles
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    DMR vaults are better for less money
  • benpinnick
    I should point out that I got mine direct from the factory (OE customer you see) so I don't know if any are available in the UK yet.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Wellgo MG1 for a quarter the price.
  • benpinnick
    Cqc wrote:

Id disagree. The vaults are a bit comfier I would say, but the Atlas are out and out grippier. Depends what you want. If the atlas had front - back concavity they'd be perfect, but maybe that might come in version 2. The fact they run on 4 bearings rather than a bush and bearing makes them feel lovely and smooth too, not that you'd notice on the trail of course, but its nice to know.

Cqc what made you think the Atlas weren't at least as good as the DMR when you tried them?
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    I suppose I prefer the shape of mine when I tried out my mate's atlases and obviously the price of the atlases is offputting
  • kesher
    Cqc wrote:

Small point really: doesn't the anodising on the pins wear off after the first ride?
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    kesher wrote:
    Cqc wrote:

Small point really: doesn't the anodising on the pins wear off after the first ride?

On the side your feet sit on, yes. But that doesn't really matter does it?
  • kesher
    It would probably not matter enough to stop me buying a pair. It's just that if I were to get them I may not replace the blue pins with black ones straightaway if the colour is going to wear off so quickly as they will all end up the same colour (silver) foot contact side
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Superstar nanos
  • I've been on Superstar Nanos for 4 odd months, ridden on Vaults.
    3 hours on the Atlas and i bought some. Grippier than Vaults, more comfortable than Nanos, smoother than both of them, plus they look superb. Slim, strong, grippy. Job jobbed.