So annoyed!

BMKN
BMKN Posts: 222
edited April 2014 in Commuting general
Had intervals planned for this evenings commute home, unfortunately couldnt do em as helmet was lose. When I arrived at my bike some sap had broke the strap off my helmet and I am now going to have to fork out money to get a new one. I dont even know how they did it, nothing looks snapped and it was perfect when I left it. Anyone else have this happen to em?

Comments

• damocles10
    damocles10 Posts: 340
    edited March 2014
    Why would someone do that?........Is it repairable?
  • BMKN
    Not sure. And today my wheel looks like it was tampered with as quick release was released
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Was this done at work? Needs to be taken seriously as the consequences could be catastrophic..
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    My bike and kit is left in my office at work .... Worst I've has is a flat as I go to go home ....
  • damocles10
    BMKN wrote:
    Not sure. And today my wheel looks like it was tampered with as quick release was released

That is really bad.....was the bike at work or was it in the street? I would see if there's CCTV around. It's possible the quick release had worked it's way loose or was knocked by mistake. If someone is tampering with your gear I would take that quite seriously.
  • BMKN
    Yeah im tempted to check with security. It's in a swipe only area. Im going to change where I park it as its quite obvious where it is. People dont seem to have respect for bikes as my handle bars were turned right round the other side. Tempted to bring in my flat bar bike but I hate it.
  • damocles10
    If it's a swipe in only area then definitely check with security, cctv might be on a 48hr loop, if there is no footage at least make them aware someone might be tampering with your bike ( maybe others too ). I am sure you have better things to do than checking all your bolts, wheels etc when you leave work. To be frank it could be dangerous if, say, your bars slip when you are on the bike.
  • Ngalbrai
    Ngalbrai Posts: 279
    I had some scrote steal the rear gear cable from my bike when in the secure bike lockup at work. Someone that knows how to remove and refit one must surely know how cheap these things are, but i guess had a problem, needed bits and just stole from my bike. Needless to say i was FURIOUS. I actually went to the COO and told him, he was wound up about it too, we said that no one in the firm (big 4 accountant) is so poor they have to steal bike components. End result was I had to go to LBS to get a new one fitted (not that technically savvy). This person is a cheap, selfish [insert word of choice]. No CCTV, nothing done.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Hang on, someone undid the quick release and tampered with your helmet? Might be overly paranoid, but that sounds like someone has a serious grudge is trying to harm you.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    sounds like a personal grudge. have you wound up anyone at workl recently?

slept with both girls from HR and they've been talking or something?
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • An attempt to steal your bike but thief got scared off or something.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    t4tomo wrote:
    sounds like a personal grudge. have you wound up anyone at workl recently?

slept with both girls from HR and they've been talking or something?

It's not hambones under a different user name is it?