Dangers if buying a Cannondale Jekyll 3

concorde
concorde Posts: 1,008
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Wondering if there's any dangers with buying one of these, for shock for example(Fox Dyad RT2)... reliable? Can it be upgraded, what if they stop making them etc?

Cheers

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Concorde wrote:
    reliable? Can it be upgraded, what if they stop making them etc?

Seem pretty reliable.
    Can't be upgraded.
    You're screwed, but chances are you'll be ok for a couple of years.
  • Barrelmaker
    Barrelmaker Posts: 188
    A friend of mine had a Scott genius lt with a Scott proprietary pull shock similar to the dyad, he had quite a few issues with it, all of which we're fixed under warranty. But like it has been said if you want to upgrade you may struggle.
  • OJS
    OJS Posts: 130
    I toyed with the idea of a trigger, but the suspension was putting me off in terms of reliability/servicing. I chickened out in the end after speaking to a couple of suspension places, but it was the lefty that was viewed as the biggest problem for spares and wear - months in some cases. However, they also said the Dyad wont be touched by most places other than mojo and it could be more of a problem if discontinued. I'd give tf tuned/mojo a ring before biting the bullet.chances are you'll prob be fine for a while and it will be a great bike, but I suppose it is a bit of a riskier choice.

Good luck
  • jfry94
    jfry94 Posts: 392
    Tbh I can see them being made for a good few years. Cannon Dale use them on a good few bikes. Mojo service them. From what I've heard is they are quite abit more reliable than what's on the Scott. They are however a slight pain to set up. Just due to being a pull shock and having pos and neg air chambers and rebounds for both long and short travel modes. Itll take a little more time to get the sweet spot. I still need to fiddle with mine some more. Oh and if your thinking of getting it from Paul's cycles. Your need to order a high pressure shock pump. I got mine from qwertycycles who only sell cannon Dale spares. I also imagine they could probably get hold of any spares for the dyad.
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    2013 Cannondale Jekyll 3
    2007 Carrera Kraken
  • concorde
    Cheers all. Think it'll be okay then, got good links with a mojo near to me so all good. The Fox 32 up front is the main worry then, piece of crap!
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    By the lower end version then, if it's pauls cycles you are looking at.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • concorde
    Yeah that's where I had been looking. Would prefer the sektor. Be nice if they'd put the sektor on the 3.

I like the idea of the dyad though.
  • jfry94
    jfry94 Posts: 392
    The lower one has a x fusion pull shock. I would that would be a real pita to get spares for.
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    2013 Cannondale Jekyll 3
    2007 Carrera Kraken