2014 Synapse does a 25.4mm inline seatpost exist ?

Serious Cat
Serious Cat Posts: 489
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
I was checking out the technical specs online for the 2014 cannondale synapse bikes and was dismayed to see the seatpost diameter is 25.4mm as opposed to the much more available 27.2mm the 2013 bikes used. All my bikes are fitted with Thomson Elite inline posts as I do have a shortish inseam that makes inline necessary for me to obtain proper fit and in the centre of the saddle rails. I searched online for nice alloy ( I don't want the nuisance of integrating a carbon post with an alloy frame ) posts and cannot find any 25.4mm inline units that have microadjust, is it a case that if you buy an alloy 2014 synapse and need a post like I describe, then you are stuck with using a setback post hanging on for dear life at the rear of the saddle rails ?
This serious internet site..............I serious cat

Comments

• anonmouse
    anonmouse Posts: 102
    Thomson do an Elite in that size.
  • Serious Cat
    Serious Cat Posts: 489
    anonmouse wrote:

Thank you so much, that's very helpful as I thought they only did down to 27.2mm
    This serious internet site..............I serious cat
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    old skool USE without a shim.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • anonmouse
    anonmouse Posts: 102
    anonmouse wrote:

Thank you so much, that's very helpful as I thought they only did down to 27.2mm

Cool man, have one on my trails bike is why I know.

Its the BMX size so if you fancy not having a Thomson there is a few other choices, that are mostly cheap now as BMX moved on to pivotal and tripod seats.