First Bike? Orbea Orca Bronze Di2

lycokayaker
lycokayaker Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Hey Gang

First post here so don't tear into me to much. I am buying my first road bike for exercise as well as to use in sprint triathlons. A local bike shop is blowing out Orbea bikes as he is no longer going to be a dealer he told me as Orbea went Ecommerce. He has a Orbea Orca Bronze with Di2/ultrega components on it. He is asking 2400. for the bike. Does this seem like a killer deal so so deal? He did size me and says the 55 would be a good fit for me. He actually tried to talk me into a raleigh or trek as those are the bikes he stocks now however each one was either more money with lower grade components on it. Promised me he would warranty the Orbea if I did purchase it.

Any and all help would be appreciated

Bill

Comments

• Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Sounds expensive to me. From the reviews the frame isnt the best, being relatively heavy. Unless you love the look and feel of it I would look elsewhere.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    They are good bikes, but I wouldn't say that was cheap, if he is really having a closing down sale I would be looking at less than £2k for that as it has the old 6700 Di2 and Mavic Aksiums.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Unless that is $2400 and that is a great deal in that case.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Sorry its $2400 US dollars. Does that make it sound like a deal or no?

I thought I found some review in regards to the bike and was unaware it was heavy. I noticed that it was compared to the gold frame which is 7-8k in cost.

Should I be looking at another bike/brand that can be similarly equipped in the $2400 dollar range?

Thanks for the help!
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    This is a very UK centric forum and therefore I doubt there are many people who can advise on value with much accuracy. Might be better asking on Roadbikereview.com which is a bit more US centric
  • Fair enough... thanks for the help!