Costa Brava v Mallorca

pepero
pepero Posts: 36
edited March 2014 in Road general
Hey,

Trying to decide on a week or so cycling in either Mallorca or Girona area in April. Will be bringing my own bike and planning routes myself, but would much appreciate any advice or thoughts that would help me decide the destination.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    If you've never been to Mallorca cycling before then this is the place you need to go, there's nowhere quite like it.
  • pepero
    Thanks for the reply. Can I ask where you stayed? I was looking at Pollenca
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I stayed in Port de Pollenca, spot on place to be, you've got the mountains on your doorstep plus lots of flat land to the South if you don't want hills that day. The ride up to the lighthouse at Cap de Formentor is an excellent first day ride.
  • pepero
    Thanks a lot Mark. I was leaning towards Mallorca and think you may have made my mind up for me.
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    Gran canaria also very good, I love Mallorca but weather not guaranteed, only downside is longer flights, slightly more expensive. Plus side weather, more climbs. :lol:
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    +1 for Mallorca, and Pollenca in particular. Been a few times and always keen to return. Great food as well!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...