Bob Crow

ballysmate
ballysmate Posts: 15,921
edited March 2014 in The bottom bracket
Just heard that the tube drivers are going to call a one day strike in his honour.
The good news is that everyone moves up one place on the council house waiting list.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Just wait until we get the likes of VTech and Stevo debating this :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    Crow defends living in a council house despite his £145,000 salary with this quote.....
    I was born in a council house, as far as I’m concerned I will die in one.

Wasn't wrong was he :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    I suspect foul play but there are millions of London commuters with a motive...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    The man was a c0ck, only looking out for himself. Glad he's out of the role !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Not sorry to hear he has finally arrived at Cockfosters.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Mr Goo wrote:

No matter what you thought of him, he was only 52, it's no age to go.
  • mr_goo
    random man wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Agree with you there. Only couple away from that myself. However he did look like he over indulged on that nice big salary of his.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • arran77
    Mr Goo wrote:
    random man wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Agree with you there. Only couple away from that myself. However he did look like he over indulged on that nice big salary of his.

He probably did over indulge, it's not like he had a mortgage or anything :evil:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    random man wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Bloody hell! I'm 52. :shock: :shock:
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    random man wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

When your time's up, your time's up, old or not :shock:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    random man wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

When your time's up, your time's up, old or not :shock:

When the devil comes to take my soul, I hope he is reliant on transport provided by Crow and his deceased members.
  • mr_goo
    On Radio 5 Live this morning they played his last interview with Paxman. Quite amusing. Paxman accused him of being a dinosaur. To which Crow replied 'they were around quite a long time'. Think he tempted fate with that reply.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    arran77 wrote:
    Crow defends living in a council house despite his £145,000 salary with this quote.....

Um, I don't know the rules, but how the fark did he qualify for council housing?

Fatty McStrikey (as he has been christened in our house) will not be missed in this house, especially as Mrs Monkeypump has been at the sharp end of some his inspired work.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Monkeypump wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Um, I don't know the rules, but how the fark did he qualify for council housing?

Fatty McStrikey (as he has been christened in our house) will not be missed in this house, especially as Mrs Monkeypump has been at the sharp end of some his inspired work.

I'm pretty sure that once you get one you are entitled to stay in it indefinitely (albeit you may now have to pay 'bedroom tax' on any unused bedrooms). As far as I'm aware anyone can apply for one but if you applied when already earning £145,000 you would be so far down the eligibility criteria that you would never reach the top of the list.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Pross wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that once you get one you are entitled to stay in it indefinitely (albeit you may now have to pay 'bedroom tax' on any unused bedrooms). As far as I'm aware anyone can apply for one but if you applied when already earning £145,000 you would be so far down the eligibility criteria that you would never reach the top of the list.
    IIRC they are about to change the law so that 'high earners' (can't remember the exact threshold but Crow would have been well above it) cannot stay in council housing, even if they legitimately got one in the first place. It's almost a shame that comrade Bob never got to see this policy in action...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I wonder who Boris paid off to get him done in...the Russians?
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    IIRC they are about to change the law so that 'high earners' (can't remember the exact threshold but Crow would have been well above it) cannot stay in council housing, even if they legitimately got one in the first place. It's almost a shame that comrade Bob never got to see this policy in action...

Almost??? :)
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Bob Crow threads are like London busses, you wait for ages for one to come along and then 4 arrive at the same time.