Allez 2013
Pitch 2011
GT Moto 2003

Comments

• mattgeezer wrote:
    Anyone ride one of these?

How would you rate it?

Good/Bad?

I brought a gtc 15 months ago , first frame crack in seat post , second frame crack in bottom stay , they upgraded me to a SL frame , so I have full ultegra and good frame , I love the look of my cube , I like the ride , I do have an annoying creak / click when I put down some force on hills , could be the Bb .. Need to get it checked .. I have done around 2300 miles road and a good few more on a tacx trainer .. A local shop said , reading on the net it would seem cube have an issue with frames , but type in Felt , ccanondale , with crack , or problem with Bb , it's bikes in general ,some ave problems some don't , hence why I'm getting a second bike . At least if one is off the road I have a set of wheels ..
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    I've a GTC Race, great comfortable ride. Perhaps not the stiffest frame in the world, little bit of brake rub when climbing out of the saddle which isn't uncommon as far as I can tell.

Creaks? Most carbon bikes come with pressfit bb's now and creaking can be a problem with any. Cube did have some issues with the brake cable flapping around inside the frame on the early bikes with internal cable routing. This was effectively sorted by an insert by all accounts. IIRC the Pro has external cable routing?

Don't think you'll be disappointed if you choose the Cube, I'm a long term MTBer that hasn't been on an MTB since last October because I've been enjoying riding the GTC
  • Pauld100
    Pauld100 Posts: 31
    I've had mine for about a month, and have been pretty impressed. One thing to be aware of is the cassette is a 12-30, so if you prefer close ratios you might choose to swap it for something else. If you ride hilly routes though it might suit you!