Noisy saddle.

blackpoolkev
blackpoolkev Posts: 474
edited March 2014 in Workshop
I was out riding today enjoying our (long awaited) pleasant spring weather but was annoyed by the creaking/squeaking noise of my new saddle.
I've swapped my white Specialized Romin for a black one but the new one makes a noise that the old one didn't.
Any suggestions for a quick cure before it drives me mad would be appreciated.

Comments

• on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    I have a Romin with carbon rails that was very noisy and I poured super glue into the joints. Its quiet now. I would have sent it back but I bought it off this forum.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • I've had this on every Spesh saddle I've had - letting a drop or two of 3 in 1 oil run down into the junction where the saddle rails meet the saddle and tightening up the little grub screws that hold the plastic cover on the underside (tighten carefully that cover does crack!) has eliminated it from the all permanently.
  • I had a Spesh Toupe that creaked and clicked which I found annoying, GT85 sprayed in was a temporary fix, swapped for another saddle in the end because I found it uncomfortable as well.
  • chrisgal
    chrisgal Posts: 130
    I've this issue with my prologo (and most other saddles I have had) which is especially annoying when riding uphills or when putting the power down.

To be honest I think it's probably my weight that's causing the issue so if anyone has any recommendations for a 15-16st rider let me know!!