BMC Gran Fondo -bar tape

crescent
crescent Posts: 1,201
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
I was in Evans' today, just looking at bikes,as you do. They had a few BMCs in and, although the bikes themselves were very nice, it was the bar tape on the Gran Fondo that really caught my eye. I couldn't find out what type it was but I want some for my bike. The staff member couldn't tell me what it was either despite consulting all the available info to hand. Any BMC owners (or anyone else) know what it might be - it feels quite tacky, not unlike Lizard Skins DSP but it isn't that.
Not a lot to go on, I know, but any ideas?
Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I think they use Serfas bar tape - is it one of these on their website?

https://www.serfas.com/products/index/bike-accessories/bar-tape
  • crescent
    Thank for the reply WP but I don't see anything there that looks like it. It just looked like very simple, bog-standard white perforated tape but just felt incredibly tactile and grippy. There was no logo on the tape but I wish I'd checked the end plugs, might have given a bit of a clue.

Cheers
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Ah well - worth a try

I like the Zipp Service Course bar tape i have on my Ti bike - that's very grippy and gets great reviews generally
  • crescent
    I think I might have found it, this looks very like it and describes itself as 'tacky'. I'll probably give it a go, I will be placing an order with Wiggle for some new bits and bobs in the next few weeks.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fizik-superligh ... ebar-tape/

Cheers for the responses