Any good?

Rad2474
Rad2474 Posts: 162
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking to get a full suss for the summer,funds are a bit limited i found this.http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/produ ... _2013_Bike my type of riding is on the cycle paths etc. but i'll keep my hard tail for that was wondering if it's any good for when i go down the local woods and trail centres i usually go to Hamsterly likes of transmission, accelerator, section 13 etc. Also be going to Keilder this year only an hour away. I know some people will suggest the rock rider 9.1 but my god it's ugly. Thanks for any advice. ps i'm far from an advanced rider just enjoy a blast on the trails.

Comments

• thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    Nothing wrong with this bike, is it lie this one...http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... -11-42842/
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I can't get that link to work - but looks? Really? get what works.
  • Rad2474
    Nothing wrong with this bike, is it lie this one...http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... -11-42842/
    Yeah thats the one.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    A 26lb full sus for £800? Looks good for the money.
  • hi i suggest you read reviews, as mine was an absolute nightmare, i returned it under warranty three times, in the end i returned it and went for a better known make. they do not ride very well and my disc moun on swing arm cracked twice.

if something looks to good to be true it usually is, there is a reason it is reduced so heavily.

my experience may be a one off but i doubt it.
  • Rad2474
    hi i suggest you read reviews, as mine was an absolute nightmare, i returned it under warranty three times, in the end i returned it and went for a better known make. they do not ride very well and my disc moun on swing arm cracked twice.

if something looks to good to be true it usually is, there is a reason it is reduced so heavily.

my experience may be a one off but i doubt it.
    Yeah i read the online reviews, the best reviews come from owners of the bikes. Thanks.
  • the rock rider 9.1 is a little heavier but it is rock solid and pretty good value. I have one which I got as my first full sus bike. I still use it for blasting about and as a spare for mates to come along on rides. To be honest I couldn't bring myself to sell it as it is surprisingly capable and has been very reliable.

There aren't many bikes that better it for the money.
    If you can't get past the looks then you need to look second hand and wait for the right deal to come along.
  • In other words, don't let fashion get in the way of fun.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    For a new bike, I think its more than acceptable for the looks to play a large part in the decision.
  • Rad2474
    Festerfeet wrote:
    the rock rider 9.1 is a little heavier but it is rock solid and pretty good value. I have one which I got as my first full sus bike. I still use it for blasting about and as a spare for mates to come along on rides. To be honest I couldn't bring myself to sell it as it is surprisingly capable and has been very reliable.

There aren't many bikes that better it for the money.
    If you can't get past the looks then you need to look second hand and wait for the right deal to come along.
    You have a really good point i mean you don't look at the bike when your riding it. I've also taking a liking to this.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cube ... prod111968
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    +1 for the Rockrider 9.1,I had mine as my 1st FS and it was a very capable bike,had it at Glentress and Innerleithen,and some great compliments from guys on more expensive bike,who couldnt believe the price over components on the bike,You wont be dissapointed
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie