Seat post sizes!!

Deegs
Deegs Posts: 74
edited March 2014 in Workshop
So- just bought a Forme Longcliffe 4 FE frame for the wife. All the literature I can get strongly suggests it is a 31.6mm post required.

Trying a 31.6mm carbon seatpost, was surprised at the perceptible amount of play between the post and seat tube. ok its a tiny amount, but you can still feel it. In the past I've always found seat tubes to be very snug on posts. Fits much more snugly in the clamp and with minimal tightening whole thing is completely immobile.

Have I got the right size seat post? :?

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Can you measure the post and inside diameter of the seat tube with some calipers? That will tell you what size the seat tube is, but also what size the seat post is - it could be that the seat post is undersized.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Slap some carbon assembly paste on it. It will feel a closer fit, you'll need less torque on the clamp bolt to keep it from slipping, and it will help prevent it becoming stuck in there if reapplied periodically.

That's what I use with a Deda carbon post in a racelight Tk alu frame.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    From the wbesite: Seatpost One23 SL alloy, micro adjust, 31.6 x 300mm=48cm, 350mm=51/53/56/58/60cm, layback: 30mm.

So it is 31.6mm apparently. With oodles of layback!
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Deegs
    Deegs Posts: 74
    Yep, thanks- thats what I picked up too. Guess carbon paste it is. Will also check with calipers tho- can get some from a mate. Post is allegedly 31.6 ( & bought new)