Corratec Bike sizing

tomaecoward
tomaecoward Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in MTB general
I am looking into buying a Corratec X-Vert bike and I have two options in terms of frame size.
17.25" and 19.25"
I am 5ft 10in and 32-33 inner leg.
I would usually aim for a 18" so in your professional opinions, if you were in my shoes which way would you swing?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sit on one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Yeah that doesn't help much. Because its a 2013 its limited in availability so I will be ordering online from a shop which I can't get to too easily
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    A mate has got the x-bow which has a non- adjustable seat post and is very stretched out in a very roady/ racy position. The stem is mega long (at least 120mm) so if you want to shorten the stem, go to the bigger size. X-vert may be different though
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What are your proportions like? I'm 5'9.5" and ride a small due to my short arms and legs, a mate is 5'10" and has long arms and legs and runs a large.

If in doubt go for the smaller size, the likely difference in TT length is probably 25mm which can be achieved via a setback seatpost and saddles back on the rails anyway.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Cheers for the advise. I would say I am pretty much average. Just unsure whether it is best to go larger or smaller when the prefered size cannot be obtained.
    I know manufacturers usually provide data sheets with this info but I cannot locate anything
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    If I was mid size I'd always err on the side of smaller.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    This^^^^^^^^^^
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools