SRAM 11 on Campago Eurus 2010 Wheel

cyclingvet
cyclingvet Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Workshop
I have a spare Campag Eurus 2010 ( poss 2009) wheelset with very few miles in it which I used to run Campy 11 speed on. I have a new build and want to run the SRAM 22 Wifli 11-32 Cassette on this wheel and ordered a Shimano freehub 8 9 10 ( in the mistaken belief that I could put an 11 speed cassette) on it.

I can't get the smallest cog on it, as the full width of the freehub is used up with the first 10 cogs. On comparing this freehub to the original campy one ( which does take campy 11 speed cassette) although the full width of the freehub appears the same there is more space for the cassette on the Campy freehub compared to the Shimano freehub I ordered, as the notches at the base of it (which act like a spacer) are not as thick. If I try the wheel in the dropouts , holding the last 11 speed cog hard against the rest of the cassette, the is only a millimetre gap between that cog and the dropouts/rear hanger.

If I order the correct freehub (9,10,11) Part No FH-BUU015X1 will I be able to run 11 speed SRAM with a bit more clearance from the dropouts/hanger, similar to what I got with the original freehub running Campy 1I used this wheel before?

Comments