Warranty - how long?

pesky_jones
pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
edited March 2014 in MTB general
Sending a pair of RS revs back for a warranty issue - CSU assembly apparently. First question is how long am I going to be apart from my beloved forks - its just got sunny :|

And secondly should I just send them back to the retailer through Royal Mail? I seem to remember them randomly confiscating suspension products or something.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Shouldn't have to wait long. Probably just until the end of summer.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • pesky_jones
    Ha. I'm pretty scared of that. I think I'll just have to hope for the best. Send em off tonight I reckon.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You are not meant to send pressurized containers via RM, so I hope you depressurized them!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pesky_jones
    Havn't sent them yet, is it just a case of letting all the air out of the shrader valve at the crown. Will I be able to completely depressurize them or..
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    The Rookie wrote:
    You are not meant to send pressurized containers via RM, so I hope you depressurized them!
    Well all gases are pressurised even at atmospheric pressure. I take it you mean compressed?
  • pesky_jones
    Has anyone been in a similiar cicumstance?
  • The Rookie
    Sorry, I can't second guess what RM mean, though logically, pressurised could mean gauge pressure which means something over atmospheric.

Yes just let it out through the valve and fully compress the forks with the valve open to purge as much out as possible, it's only some shocks that you are still restricted on as they have a nitrogen charge you can't purge.

Having said that, many couriers are much cheaper than RM, I have used MyHermes many times, just make sure they are well wrapped as their drivers have a bit of a rep' for being cavalier, though probably still a better rep' than Yodel's!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pesky_jones
    I think I'll just go with RM for ease. Post office two seconds from the office - can just drop it off tomorrow morning - plus itl be quicker than trying to organise a pick up tomorrow am.

Cheers. Hopefully its no longer then a couple of weeks
  • The Rookie
    You can drop myhermes off at many drop off points, for fork they are about £5.20 (before adding value insurance) while PO are now about £12.50 since they set out not to ship anything sold on ebay!
  • pesky_jones
    Yeah thats the thread I was referring to. I reckon aslong as I decompress them then they'll be fine.

Main worry is how long itl take to sort. Hopefully they'll just determine its a csu issue and send a new fork - which shouldnt take too long. Touch wood
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232
    cooldad wrote:

So about 3-4 days then?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:

So about 3-4 days then?
    Sounds about right.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools