London Cycle Hire: Mapped

jamesco
jamesco Posts: 687
edited March 2014 in Commuting chat
Here's one for the data-visualisation geeks: London Cycle Hire usage, graphed

viz1_popularity_4096.png

I'm a bit surprised that King's Cross is the most popular; it's a huge railway terminus, but Euston Road is just a horrific place to cycle. Nice to see the tourists enjoying Hyde Park on bikes, Ken Livingstone would be happy with how his plan has come out :)

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    If you liked that, then you might like this

bmjfinal.png

For more London based data maps, have a look at http://mappinglondon.co.uk
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • hegyestomi
    hegyestomi Posts: 504
    What I found really irritating is that almost the whole of South London isn't covered: if it's not on the map then probably doesn't exist.
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    hegyestomi wrote:
    What I found really irritating is that almost the whole of South London isn't covered: if it's not on the map then probably doesn't exist.

What's a 'south' london????

The marshy bit below the river? Do people live there? I heard rumours but still. Really?!?!
  • hegyestomi
    hegyestomi Posts: 504
    hegyestomi wrote:

What's a 'south' london????

The marshy bit below the river? Do people live there? I heard rumours but still. Really?!?!
    South London is a place where you should have moved a few years ago: now, I'm afraid, you are out...
    :D
  • data=VLHX1wd2Cgu8wR6jwyh-km8JBWAkEzU4,-SAtxTGLOLUE20CQP4LyaHpGc0marl8cMsMHq_q_ZVZpxi43XooAx1-98XnsXs_L2eBS3Xyj-9gP4QvTzJWQGjwYhQ_MjYDkmR0jnDsCD8yksL6Uk5qMTWLE8uM6WQkrK0jlriSyZQ

This is the map of one of the top locations in London where you will find London Cycle hire services.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Shameful commercial plug, you even linked the wrong map.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?