Wheel stiff enough?

on-yer-bike
on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
edited March 2014 in Workshop
The spokes on my 24 spoke Aerohead wheel touch the rear mech when Im in the lowest gear and putting the power down on a hill. Is this because it isnt stiff enough for me? If I adjust the mech limit screw anymore I won't be able to select the gear. The wheels were made for my wife so hopefully it wont be a problem for her, but I like them.
Pegoretti
Colnago
Cervelo
Campagnolo

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    When you put the power down, should you not be on a harder gear than the granny one? :wink:

DId you use the silly Laser at the rear?
    left the forum March 2023
  • on-yer-bike
    I was going up a hill and testing it. Of course I normally never move from the 53.
    Ive changed the Revs to Comps.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Bent hanger
    left the forum March 2023
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I am not suprised you have changed the spokes 24 spoke aerohead and laser does not sound like a good combo. You may have a bent hanger but the shifting would be off. It may be wheel flex or if you are in the largest sprocket it could be a limit screw thing. Still I would not think an aerohead with 24 comp spokes would be very stiff.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • on-yer-bike
    Hope not the hanger. The hangers on Pegs are not separate but are very heavy duty and I havent fallen. It was Revolutions and Aerohead. Shifting is perfect, as always on this frame. Could be the hub not very compatible with Campag
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo