Boardman Carbon Pro MTB 2012: Rear Mech

lscolman
lscolman Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,
I'm building up a Boardman Carbon Pro MTB 2012 and one of the parts I need is the rear mech.

I'm unsure if it is medium or long cage? Anyone able to advise which I need please?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    What size chainrings and cassette are you using? This determines mech cage size.
  • Origial spec is sram x9 medium cage , truvativ x9 bb30 cranks 28/42 , x9 shifter and type 3 direct mount front mech , sid rlt 120 fork . Sram 11 to 36 casette. ( Shameless plug , I have rear mech cranks and shifters , original bars and stem and wheelset in very good condition sitting doing nothing )
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Is that what you are refitting? If do you've answered your own question. If not it's irrelevant as has been stated above we need to know what crankset you are planning to fit
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • He didn't answer his own question . I informed him what came on the bike originally . I ride one .
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Sorry, was reading that on a small phone thought it was OP replying
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • No worries.
  • lscolman
    lscolman Posts: 3
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've just got back from a bike ride with the family.

I've managed to find a guy who had damaged his carbon pro frame, and have secured most of the parts I need from him.

His bike had suffered damage to the frame, rear mech, rear wheel and rear cassette.

I've got the bottom bracket, and crankset (42-28) and have ordered a rear cassette (11-34). Hopefully this cassette should be suitable?

I've secured a wheelset from that famous auction site. These seemed too good to pass up:-
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221355583676? ... 1439.l2649

coulddobetter,
    I may be interested in your wheelset and the rear mech. What were you thinking for a price? Is this sort of thing done openly on the forum, or by Private Message?

Cheers, Lee