Probably a really silly question...Inner tube...

Moominman2
Moominman2 Posts: 389
edited March 2014 in Workshop
I replaced my inner tube but haven't inflated it fully as the air hasn't evenly distributed...

There's a bulge when I pump it at the valve. The tyre doesn't look like its sitting right in that section only. Despite trying to fiddle with it, nothing makes it right.

Any idea what's happening?

Thanks

Comments

• Sounds like the tyre bead hasn't seated properly at that area:

Don't have the tube pumped up too much just a little to give it some shape - tuck it in the tyre - go round and check the tube is all inside the tyre and the tyre bead is sitting on the rim - make sure the valve moves up and down easily in the rim and is perpendicular to the rim - pump to about 40psi and check round the tyre to make sure the bead is sitting correctly and double check there is no part of the tube trapped between tyre and rim and tyre is centred on rim - pump up to full running pressure.

If that doesn't work post a pic of the problem
  • Moominman2
    Will take your advice. Cheers mate.
  • Moominman2
    Cheers, all sorted now. The valve wasn't moving freely up or down so thanks for the help.

knew it was a silly question haha :)

Luke
  • Only silly questions are ones where you know the answer before you ask it. I once got a lesson on fitting a tyre from a mechanic in an lbs - it felt very odd like I was a dope but, like lots of other things to do with bikes, it's simple once you know how. I follow that routine every time and have never had any problems since.