K edge pro

pmcclure
pmcclure Posts: 36
edited March 2014 in Workshop
Model is a "K13-002 pro braze"

Have bought one of these to fit on the wives Trek madone 4.5. Have followed the instructions from here
http://www.acecosportgroup.com/docs/ProRoadChainCatcher-K13-002.pdf.
The problems is that once it's fitted I can't move the chain onto the large ring (the front derailleur won't move over far enough).
Has anyone else fitted one of these and if so did they encounter/fix any problems?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Comments

• spanner239
    spanner239 Posts: 181
    The way these fit should make no difference to the front derailleur operation as they can be adjusted independently of the front derailleur fixing (that is the beauty of the pro version over the regular one). Presume the front derailleur was working before you fitted it? Have you tried adjusting the front derailleur from scratch again? Has the derailleur hanger got a curved front face as per the instructions, it absolutely will not work with one with a flat front? Does the front derailleur work with just the extra bit the K-Edge bolts to?

I am afraid a bit of trial and error is your friend here in lieu of anything obviously fouling the derailleur.
  • pmcclure
    pmcclure Posts: 36
    Presume the front derailleur was working before you fitted it
    Yes
    Have you tried adjusting the front derailleur from scratch again?
    No
    Has the derailleur hanger got a curved front face as per the instructions
    Yes
    Does the front derailleur work with just the extra bit the K-Edge bolts to
    No

Will have a proper look at it and refit the front derailleur from scratch again
  • spanner239
    spanner239 Posts: 181
    pmcclure wrote:
    Will have a proper look at it and refit the front derailleur from scratch again

I think that is the best idea, that will remove all other variables. If the front derailleur braze on mount is curved and the bolt is long enough to mount the derailleur securely then there is no reason why it shouldn't work. Good luck!