My new Felt F3

Doony
Doony Posts: 46
edited May 2014 in Your road bikes
Here's my new steed, pedals and bottle cages came today... so it's ready to take out for a spin tomorrow.. Can't wait!

I swapped the stock wheels out for my Zondas, a set of Ultremos and some over the top carbon bottle cages.

IMAG1168_zps479333b8.jpg

IMAG1167_1_zpsba80eaf6.jpg

IMAG1154_1_zps2671ec0d.jpg

3_zps26739c1e.jpg
2013 Felt F3 Di2
2011 Cube Attempt

Comments

• Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Very nice indeed
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks very nice, don't slip off the saddle. :)
  • Doony
    diamonddog wrote:
    Looks very nice, don't slip off the saddle. :)

Ha.. ye, it's been adjusted since then :)
    2013 Felt F3 Di2
    2011 Cube Attempt
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    She's a beauty.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Love the styling of these Felts...
  • lmar77
    lmar77 Posts: 1
    I just bought the same bike, should receive it next week. Can't wait, feell like I got an awesome deal.
    How do you like it so far?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Very cool - whack on some white hoods for that Euro racer look and some nice deep wheels and it'll be well smarter.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Doony
    lmar77 wrote:
    I just bought the same bike, should receive it next week. Can't wait, feell like I got an awesome deal.
    How do you like it so far?

I paid £1630 for mine, so was well pleased. Needed to chainge a couple of things, namely the gearing, swapped out the cassette for an 11-28, and changed the crank to an Ultegra 6800 compact(50-34t). Swapped out the saddle for a Specialized Romin...and flipped the stem too, as the bars were hideously low, Still haved about tidy amount of drop, double wrapped the bars, cos they are thin, and the stock tape is naff.

It's now much much better, frame is super stiff, but pretty comfy too, and absorbs the bumps well, handling is sharp, and responsive, and stable at high speed decents. Very happy with it, just some new deeper wheels when I get around to it, and it's done. Very happy with it, get loads of comments on it too, pictures really don't do it any justice at all.

From yesterday..

IMAG1359_zps5605f2d4.jpg
    2013 Felt F3 Di2
    2011 Cube Attempt
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    No, the bars looked good before - now they're hideously high.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    declan1 wrote:

I agree, saddle and bars look knocked back and deformed. Looked better before.
  • Doony
    declan1 wrote:

That's a temporary thing, will lower them with the spacers and then flip it back around when I'm used to being that much lower. The bars on my old bike were a lot higher up, so lowering myself down gradually, not as flexi as I used to be
    2013 Felt F3 Di2
    2011 Cube Attempt
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    The set up just looks plain wrong. Looks like you chose the wrong size bike.
    The saddle seems quite high to say it hasn't got much of a sloping top tube.
    You should have gone for the next size up, maybe with a shorter stem, and then the drop to the bars wouldn't have so bad.
  • The Felt F is one of most 'aggressive' frames available, if you're not used to the geometry or can't 'get down' then this is what it will look like when tweaked for comfort. I had a 2013 F1 and found the head tube too low. It's uber light, stiff and fast as a rocket but I found the steering just a little too twitchy.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    yes, still lookin good...
  • Doony
    Took it and had a proper fit, turns out my seat was indeed too high, and too far back, stem is still flipped but dropped 15mm , and the bars angled flatter, changed the saddle back to my pro logo too. Much more comfy now, and sorted out my sore shoulder pain which I was getting. Took it out for a quick 35 mile blast yesterday, and my av speed was up to 17.8 on a regular loop I do, which I'm quite pleased with.

Not really bothered if it looks slightly less cool with the stem up, painless riding is all that matters, conventional wisdom says I should have got a less aggressive bike to begin with...but it was a bargain :)
    2013 Felt F3 Di2
    2011 Cube Attempt
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Comfort >looks. But I think it looks great anyway.
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • Doony
    Well I was in need of some new tyres before I do a century ride on Saturday.. may not be to everyones taste.. But I went with white! Bit blingy but suits the bike well I think...

IMAG1400_zps95d259a4.jpg
    2013 Felt F3 Di2
    2011 Cube Attempt
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Love the styling of these Felts...

Me too, they know how to put a decent bike together. The AR series in particular. Looks stealthy and fast which the F series should I guess.
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Doony wrote:
    Well I was in need of some new tyres before I do a century ride on Saturday.. may not be to everyones taste.. But I went with white! Bit blingy but suits the bike well I think...

IMAG1400_zps95d259a4.jpg

I have a similar set-up on my Ribble 872. Sloping geo so quite a bit of seat post showing. Had to flip the bars as the seat to bar drop was too much for my flexibility. Sure, it doesn't look "pro" but I ain't any slower and am much more comfortable with it set up like it is. Did a century on it last week and no after effects apart from sore legs which is to be expected.