New chainring and jockey wheels

sandy771
sandy771 Posts: 368
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
I have a 2013 trance X3 and I need new chain rings

The set I have is Deore (I believe) with 42/32/24 10sp - what should I be looking for?

I also have a shadow plus rear mech and need new jockey wheels - again what should I be looking for?

Thanks

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    have you damaged them - chainring don't tend to wear out unless you've done a serious amount of miles on them.
  • sandy771
    The large ring has some seriously dented/missing teeth - bouncing off bits of granite I expect. The middle and inner ring are prob OK (I'll double check).

Next bike will prob have a bash ring :)
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Just swap the 42t ring for a 32t bash ring.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    sandy771 wrote:
    The large ring has some seriously dented/missing teeth - bouncing off bits of granite I expect. The middle and inner ring are prob OK (I'll double check).

Are they dented/missing or is it the profiling to aid shifting which often makes them look like it?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Just swap the 42t ring for a 32t bash ring.
    The Rookie wrote:
    sandy771 wrote:

Are they dented/missing or is it the profiling to aid shifting which often makes them look like it?
    2 good points
  • sandy771
    No - they are dented/missing.

Dont fancy a bash on this bike - next bike will likely be a +1 rather than a replacement so will have best of both worlds.