Giant Propel Advanced SL3 or Cervelo S3 ??!

forrester.76
forrester.76 Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi.

I have a Felt DA4 Tri bike and I'm competing in IM Bolton this summer.

I struggle on hills riding the DA4 and I'm thinking of selling it and buying either the Giant Propel Advanced SL3 or the Cervelo S3.

Any recommendations on either bikes please?

Thanks.

Claire.

Comments

• thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    What about a Foil 10/Team? It's lighter (much lighter in the case of the S3) stiffer and more 'aero' than these two.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Cervelo S3.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Of those two definitely the S3
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    I Bought the SL3 and absolutely love it.

I find it fast, comfortable and easy handling. Comes with the Giant wheels with rounded fairings which are much more stable than Mavic cosmic carbone in windy conditions.

For pure imperative evidence, wait until the morning when a friend is bringing his S3 to Regents Park. I'll tell you who the conclusive winner is after that!! He he.
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    You should consider the new Felt AR also. Meant to be the most aero road bike out there only slightly behind the S5 at certain yaw angles.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    The aero difference between these bikes will be so small it probably will mean nothing really for the OP, so I'd ride them and see which one feels like you want to be riding it and discount from the running any bike where you find yourself between sizes or the geometry isn't quite for you.
  • Thanks. The wheels look better on the Giant, so I guess that will help get me up hills too :)
    I'm going to test ride both bikes early next week :)
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    Wise words from mfin. Let us know what you decide, both nice bikes :)