Pro-Lite TheOne Opinions?

oaky
oaky Posts: 141
Does anyone have one or an opinion on one? I'm trying to move my kid up to race on a 650c. For various reasons I've discounted everything but the Felt F95 Jr and the Pro-lite, and I've heard mixed things about the Pro-lite so I don't know whether to go down that route or not. I've no doubt the Felt is better, but is it £100 better? Obviously I'd consider used, but they rarely come up.

All comments appreciated.

Comments

• othello
    othello Posts: 578
    oaky wrote:
    Does anyone have one or an opinion on one? I'm trying to move my kid up to race on a 650c. For various reasons I've discounted everything but the Felt F95 Jr and the Pro-lite, and I've heard mixed things about the Pro-lite so I don't know whether to go down that route or not. I've no doubt the Felt is better, but is it £100 better? Obviously I'd consider used, but they rarely come up.

All comments appreciated.

A couple of riders at our club have had TheOne and they seemed very happy with them. What issues have you heard?
    Blogging about junior road bikes http://junior-road-bikes.tumblr.com
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    I think cyclocross bikes work better for kids that age. A crosser will work for family rides on and off road as well as cyclocross, circuit racing and freewheel on outdoor tracks. Also most kids from 11can ride 700c bikes and it makes it so much easier swoping wheels, tyres etc so depending on their age I would always prefer full sized wheels.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • oaky
    oaky Posts: 141
    Othello - People have said they're heavy and badly welded, plus some of the reviews on CRC aren't great. I don't know how much stock I'd put in any of that - which I why I was looking for other opinions - but it doesn't matter because I've recently picked up a used Felt.

DeVlaeminck - my son races circuit and outdoor track but has zero interest in cyclocross, so we were never going to convince him of a cross bike. Interesting what you say about 700c though. I see plenty of 9/10 year-olds racing on 700c bikes. Some look perfectly comfortable (and go fast). Others look like they're being stretched on a rack and I don't understand what advantage they're gaining.