3T Palladio Seatpost

rozzer32
rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
So as NapD is well aware the bolts in my 3T Dorico post come a bit loose as the design is a bit crap.

I've seen the Palladio on offer (as 3T are bringing new seatposts out) and that has the diff lock system which seems better. The only problem is I run Fizik arione saddle and not sure if it will fit. The 3T website says not to use with oval or carbon rails. My rails are just Kium on my Arione.

So if anyone runs this set up or knows if it works then I would be grateful.
***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****

Comments

• LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Yep got Arione Kium rails in a Palladio seatpost.

No problems at all. The Palladio is a great design. Came in really handy when I was testing various Fizik saddles recently - dead quick to take the saddle off and not worry about the angle of the saddle, just need to make sure the fore and aft measurments were right.
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    I've not tried my Kium rail Fizik on the Palladio but the fit looks the same as the Flite I'm running so as Legend says it souldn't be a problem.

One thing to note is the clamp area is fairly bulky and wide which can be a problen with a narrow saddle set right back on the rails.

A bit of a fiddle to set up initially but once thats done pretty much fit and forget.
  • animal72
    animal72 Posts: 251
    rozzer32 wrote:
    So as NapD is well aware the bolts in my 3T Dorico post come a bit loose.

Threadlock?
    Condor Super Acciaio, Record, Deda, Pacentis.
    Curtis 853 Handbuilt MTB, XTR, DT Swiss and lots of Hope.
    Genesis Datum Gravel Bike, Pacentis (again).
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc, 105 & H-Plus-Son.

Mostly Steel.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Animal72 wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:
    So as NapD is well aware the bolts in my 3T Dorico post come a bit loose.

Threadlock?

That's what I use, a little dab on each thread and then the only thing that falls off my bike is me.